Every one of us likes kitten and cats. Beautiful, snowy and small kittens not only grab our attention but also entertain us and become our loyal and faithful partner. They also make our leisure moments a pleasure one. Having kittens is not difficult. But choice of a perfect kitten or adoption of a perfect kitten is bit difficult and tough. Animal markets are full of beautiful and tender kittens. People who are fond of kittens feel difficulty while choosing a kitten. They often don’t have any idea of how to choose a perfect kitten or a kitten which suits best for their family. Specially, if you are buying a kitten for your kids, then you must know the rules and tips to choose a perfect kitten.
Instructions to choose a perfect kitten:
- If you are going to buy a kitten for the first time, then you must clear this in your mind that what type of kitten you want? A playful kitten? Kitten full of energy? Naughty kitten? Or a lap kitten? Before going to the market, keep this point in mind to choose a perfect kitten.
- Also consider the age of kitten while choosing a perfect kitten. Four to six months kittens are funny and it can be easily trained to be part of your family.
- Health issue is also important, if you are a health conscious person, then avoid to choose a male kitten as male kittens are prone to more health issues then female kittens.
- Try to buy two kittens. Cats and kittens live happier in pairs. They also make more fun and are more energetic when they are in pair.
- Choose a kitten from a local shelter or a pet organization rather then a pet store. A kitten purchased from a pet store may not be suitable as a pet. On the other hand, a kitten of a local shelter or a pet organization has risen with people so it is more perfect as a pet.
- Prepare your home for the arrival of new kitten. Also make proper care plan for your new kitten. Bring eatables, bed and essential utensils. You should have a food dish, a water dish and a non-clumping cat litter. Don’t use scoop litter until your kitten is one year old. Use the kitten food that fulfills the nutritional requirements of your kitten.
- Give a warm welcome to your new kitten. Consider it as a family member. Keep it in secure and healthy environment so that it can easily mingle with you and your family in a short time period.
- Kittens need care, attention and affection. Don’t get angry on your kitten. Give proper time, care and love.
- You can also take a vet trainer along with you when you are going to choose a perfect kitten, to choose or select a well mannered well suited kitten for your family.