If you’re looking to get in shape, lose a few pounds, or just want to be more active and energetic, 15-minute stretching exercises might be what you need.
Stretching not only helps increase stamina but also helps in the overall toning of your body. Well, it’s assumed that you may not have all the time in the world to practice hours of yoga and nobody is asking you to do so.
Stretching every day for just about 15 minutes when you get up in the morning can reduce stress, bloating, and boost energy levels. If you’ve been feeling stiff and lazy, this may be your body’s way of telling you to increase your activity levels. Stretching exercises refresh you and they’re simple and effective. Simple stretching exercises should be an integral part of your daily routine.
How to begin
You can start with some simple stretching exercises
- 1. Stretch sideways left and right with your hands behind your head and your legs spread out.
- 2. Touch your toes without bending your knees too much.
- 3. Jump inwards and outwards with your hands on your waist.
- 4. Stand 2-3 feet away from a wall. Keep your hands against the wall at about shoulder level to support your weight. Lean towards the wall by bending your elbows, until you feel a stretch in the back of your calves. Try not to bend your knees too much.
- 5. Spread your legs as wide as possible on the floor
Photo Courtesy: Yoga Basics
These are some simple exercises which you can do at home and it will just take about a few minutes. There are lots of advanced stretching exercises which can be learned from online tutorials or from a personal trainer. Follow these daily and you will feel much more fit and flexible in the long run.