Spicy baked apples with apples, egg, rolled oats and self-rising flour completes your meal. Spicy baked apples recipe having yummy and delicious taste full of nutritious value.
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sultanas
- 6 medium green apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- reduced-fat custard, to serve (if desired)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly spray a medium-sized ovenproof dish with oil. Set aside.
Step 2 Place flour, sugar, oats and spices into a large bowl. Mix well. Stir in sultanas and chopped apples. Set aside.
Step 3 In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add lemon rind and juice and stir to combine. Add egg mixture to flour and apple mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Step 4 Transfer mixture to the prepared dish and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, remove foil, and then bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve with a dollop of reduced-fat custard.