Thanksgiving is a special occasion for both adults and children. For children these festivals are more fun and attractive. Here is a way how to keep the kids busy and also teach them some creativity. This is how to make a tissue paper turkey. The material used must be readily available at home.
Tissue Paper (the colors should include the turkey colors)
2 red, 20 by 13 inches, 2 orange, 20 by 11 1/2 inches, 2 yellow, 20 by 10 inches, 2 brown, 20 by 8 1/2 inches. Fold the stack of tissues creating a strip roughly.
2. Take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the center of the stacked tissue papers in the form of folded sheets.
3. Then fold the ends and connect them with a paper clip.
4. Then stack 13 sheets of tissue paper according to the following sequence with smaller colored tissues in between the larger brown ones. The sequence should be 2 brown, 10 by 26 inches, 3 orange, 10 by 13 inches, 3 red, 10 by 13 inches, 3 orange, 10 by 13 inches, 2 brown, 10 by 26 inches. Fold the stack.
6. Gently pull up and then separate the sheets from the body.
7. For the head of the tissue paper turkey Fold a 13- by 20-inch sheet of red tissue paper lengthwise. Then Twist together 2 pipe cleaners, fold one end of the wires around the sheet, then loosely wrap the sheet around the wires. Wrap another sheet around it making a head shape with the help of a tape.