- 1 3-1/2 pound chicken, skinned, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 thinly sliced garlic cloves (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
- Lay chicken pieces into a 11″ x 13″ baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
- Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
- Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken. Top chicken piece with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 F, until golden brown and juices are clear colored. Serving Size: 2 pieces.