Portuguese chicken a different and simple dish for chicken food lovers. The recipe of Portuguese chicken includes skinless chicken breast fillets, skinless chicken thigh fillets, hot peri peri sauce, lemon juice and dried oregano specifies new tempting flavors.
- 2 tablespoons hot peri peri sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, halved, thinly sliced, pips removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Step 1 Combine peri peri sauce, oil, lemon juice and oregano in a large bowl. Cut each breast and thigh into 3 pieces and toss in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 3–4 hours or overnight.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and arrange the chicken in a single layer. Scatter over lemon slices. Cook for 30–40 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 3 If taking on a picnic and serving cold, place in serving container and immediately store in fridge uncovered until chilled. Keep cool until serving. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.