- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium capsicums (we used one red and one yellow), washed
- 100g rocket
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium eggplants, cut lengthways into 1cm slices (16 slices total)
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 350g fresh reduced-fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- pinch dried chilli flakes
Step 1 Drizzle half the oil over capsicums. Heat a barbecue to medium-high. Cook capsicums until charred. Place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool, then peel. Discard skin and slice flesh into thick strips.
Step 2 Arrange capsicum, rocket and watercress on a platter. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and remaining oil. Set aside.
Step 3 Chargrill eggplant until tender and golden. Remove from heat.