Chicken and Vegetable Souvlaki, marinated chicken in sour lemon juice, oil and you favorite oregano. This grill cubic chicken is a perfect meal to have. Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers and enjoy eating with Lettuce.
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded, cut in 2cm dice
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
Step 1 To make marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Cover, then marinade in fridge for 1 hour.
Step 2 Thread chicken, capsicums and onion alternately on skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium high.
Step 3 Grill chicken and vegetable skewers for 4–6 minutes (2–3 minutes each side), or until cooked through.