Cheesy Pizza Scrolls are a fantastic baked treat. Easy enough to get the kids in the kitchen, but versatile enough to be adapted to suit all tastes.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 30g reduced-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 x 410g can corn kernels
- 3/4 cup trim milk
- 1/4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 100g frozen pre-chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a bowl mix flours and baking powder and rub in spread until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in milk and mix to make dough. Knead with hands until smooth.
2. Roll dough into a 30cm-40cm rectangle. Spread with tomato paste. Cover with vegetables and only some cheese. Keep a handful of cheese in reserve to use later.
3. Roll dough up from the long side to form a long roll. Slice into 12 even pieces and place on prepared baking tray (flat-side up). Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.