This classic combination of strips of beef in a sauce made with sour cream is a recipe for success.
- 400g beef fillet, cut in strips
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or mixed herbs
- 1 cup liquid beef stock
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 800g mashed potato
- 2 cups steamed broccoli, to serve
Step 1 Toss beef in seasoning to coat evenly. Heat a non-stick pan with oil. Cook beef until sealed.
Step 2 Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes. Add purée, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add beans and cook for 3 more minutes.
Step 3 Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve with mashed potato and broccoli. Garnish with fresh parsley. – healthyfood