The Shake It Off singer, who dazzled in emerald on the red carpet, follows in the footsteps of Katy Perry for the coveted gong.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
Taylor Swift was named woman of the year at tonight’s Elle Style Awards. The singer, due to perform at the Brit Awards tomorrow, follows in the footsteps of fellow US star Katy Perry who won last year. Swift was presented with her award at the glamorous event by another winner, Sam Smith, who was named musician of the year.
Guests at the event at the Sky Garden at London’s 20 Fenchurch Street, commonly known as the Walkie Talkie Tower because of its distinctive shape, included Pixie Geldof, M.I.A. and Naomi Campbell.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
X Factor guru Simon Cowell was recognised for his outstanding contribution to entertainment.
Burberry boss Christopher Bailey won the editor’s choice award, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was named model of the year and The Honourable Woman star Maggie Gyllenhaal won the TV actress award. Luke Evans, one of the stars of The Hobbit, was named actor of the year and shoe designer Manolo Blahnik was given the lifetime achievement award. The event, now in its 18th year, also saw Australian actress Rebel Wilson named rising star.
Model and actress Lily Cole, who set up her own social network which invites people to give their services and skills away to help others, won the H&M conscious award.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
The Elle Style Awards 2015 in association with H&M were hosted by Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw.
The winners are:
- Editor’s Choice: Christopher Bailey
- Emerging Designer: Ashley Williams
- Musician of the Year: Sam Smith
- Contemporary Brand: MARC by Marc Jacobs Katie Hillier and Luella Bartley
- Model of the Year: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
- TV Actress: Maggie Gyllenhaal
- H&M Conscious Award: Lily Cole
- Rising Star: Rebel Wilson
- Accessories Designer: Stuart Vevers
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Manolo Blahnik
- Actor of the Year: Luke Evans
- Breakthrough Actress: Cara Delevingne
- Red Carpet Designer: Mary Katrantzou
- Film Actress: Diane Kruger
- Designer of the Year: Erdem
- Outstanding Contribution to Entertainment: Simon Cowell
- Woman of the Year: Taylor Swift