Your guests are arriving. You have to cook food as well as clean the house and the clock is ticking. But Just Don’t panic! Here are a few tips to clean up your house in few minutes at least giving it the appearance of having a clean and healthy domicile.
If you’re smart with your time and strategic with your cleaning preference, a lot can get done in a few short minutes. It is not required to engage in serious cleaning with your full collection of cleaning equipment. Just spend 30 seconds to think over your strategy and make a cleaning check list. It is better to hit most of the areas in a brief time than to spend all the time on one job. Try and cover all the areas that are important.
- Focus on specific rooms
When people come over, they are likely to spend time at particular spaces like kitchen, 1 bathroom, or a dining room. So concentrate on these spaces as most guests don’t wander to other rooms.
- Hit the big areas
Sweeping up the kitchen or vacuuming the living area may only take a few minutes. Once done at least spend a minute looking around common areas and pick up noticeable pieces of trash and junk if they are still there.
- Put away clutter
Focus on picking up clutter from different areas.You can grab a laundry basket and go through the house and collect everything that is not meant for that space at that time.
Slide away the laundry basket and bags in a room that is not likely to be used. Items can be stuffed in a closet or under the bed.
Equipment and supplies needed
- Vacuum cleaner. Since you have limited time, the best cleaning equipment you can drag is the vacuum cleaner.
- Disposable floor mop and dusting pads. Get a floor cleaner with duster that is designed for fast cleaning.
- Dry dust cloths They can be used to dust clear surfaces as they are designed to pick up more dust than the average rag.
- Disinfectant wipes Just grab a couple of these and wipe down the kitchen counter and bathroom surfaces.
- Paper towels it will help you quickly dry wet surfaces to give an impressive shine.
- Toilet scrubbers having disposable cleaning heads This will allow you to clean the bowl and toss the scrubbing head without using additional supplies.
- Air freshener it will help you quickly brighten up the air in your home.
Prioritize the rooms that you start with which is usually the kitchen, a bathroom, the dining room, or the sitting room. Below is a basic checklist to help you get started.
- Just toss a lemon peel into the garbage disposal and run it.
- Clear the clutter off the kitchen table and counter tops, put items into cupboards and papers into bags.
- Use a toilet scrubber with a disposable cleaning head to scrub the bowl
- Clean the toilet seat with a disinfectant wipe and towel it dry.
- Wipe the mirror clean with a lint-free cloth or newspaper.
- Clean the sink, the sink basin and faucet with disinfectant wipes and paper towels.
- Clear collected papers and books off the dining room table.
- Dust the dining table surface with a dust cloth.
- Run a floor mop quickly across the floor.
- Clear clutter into bins and hide out of sight
- Vacuum the carpet or mop the floor.
- Walk through your home and spray air freshener in each area where your guests are likely to spend time.
- You can light a scented candle in the sitting room.
The above suggestions can be a great tool to do up your house very quickly.