- 3/4 cup dry bulgur
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut from 2-3 ears; OR
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large, heavy, dry skillet, toast bulgur over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 5 to 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes covered.
- Transfer to bowl and cool in refrigerator.
- If using fresh corn, cut corn from ears and sauté in oil in a heavy skillet 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Add corn, tomatoes, scallions, vinegar and pepper to bulgur. Toss lightly and chill before serving.