- 4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cracker meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To prepare coleslaw, combine first 6 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare chicken, combine buttermilk and chicken in a shallow dish, turning to coat.
- Combine flour and cracker meal in a shallow dish. Transfer chicken from buttermilk to a work surface. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Working with one chicken breast half at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess; set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, meat side down; cook 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken over, and bake at 425° for 32 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°.