- 12 oz cellentani pasta (short corkscrews)
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen petite green peas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends broken off, spears cut in 2-in. pieces
- 1 medium (8 oz) yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise in 1⁄2-in. pieces
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pt grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 11⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Grated peel and juice from 1 lemon
- Serve with: grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, adding peas 3 minutes before pasta is done. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add asparagus, squash and snap peas. Sauté, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almost crisp-tender.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until tomatoes begin to release their juices.
- Stir cornstarch into broth until blended. Add to skillet and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add vegetables, scallions, lemon peel and juice to pasta; toss to mix and coat. Sprinkle servings with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Remove and refrigerate 4 cups pasta and vegetables (no sauce) for leftovers.