- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 175g short-cut bacon rashers, trimmed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 eggs, plus 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta
- broccolini, steamed, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add peas and capsicum, cook for 2 minutes.
Step 2 Line a 26cm x 16cm baking tin with baking paper. Spread bacon and vegie mixture evenly in prepared tin. Sprinkle over chives.
Step 3 Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and half the ricotta. Pour evenly over bacon mixture. Top with remaining ricotta. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with broccolini.