This mouthwatering combo of steak with winter vegies makes a great meal for people loving healthy meal. Try this simple Devilled steak and roasted winter vegies recipe.
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm slices
- 450g parsnips, peeled, cut into quarters
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup (70g) fruit chutney
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups steamed spinach, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Steam sweet potato and parsnips until tender. Place on baking tray with mushrooms and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are crispy.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over high heat. Spray steaks with oil and cook for 3 minutes each side, until browned.
Step 3 Combine curry powder, chutney, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl, then add to pan. Bring to the boil and simmer over low heat for 4–5 minutes, or until steaks are cooked to medium. Serve steaks, topped with sauce, with roasted vegies and steamed spinach