- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 packet dry spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, break up tomatoes in their juice.
- Stir in cola, spaghetti sauce mix, onion, celery, salt, and garlic salt. Stir until spaghetti sauce mix is dissolved.
- In a Dutch oven, over medium high heat, brown meat in oil about 10 minutes on each side. Drain off all fat. Pour tomato mixture over meat.
- Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer slowly for about 2 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.