Curried chicken pies recipe is good to follow if you really love chicken pie cooked with curry paste and mild flavors of coconut cream.
- oil spray, to grease
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in 2cm pieces
- 250g butternut squash, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 165ml can reduced-fat coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 lime, 1 tablespoon juice
- 100g green beans, cut in 2cm lengths
- 1 courgette, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 sheets filo pastry, roughly torn
Step 1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray a large frying pan with oil. Place over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until browned. Add squash and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute, stirring, until fragrant.
Step 2 Add coconut cream and 1/3 cup cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 12 minutes until squash is tender. Stir in cornflour and lime juice. Bring to the boil then remove from heat. Stir in beans, courgette and coriander. Set aside to cool.
Step 3 Grease 4 individual pie dishes. Divide mixture among dishes. Top pies with 1 sheet scrunched filo. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.