Have a mouth watering treat of creamy tomato, bacon and mushroom pasta bake. Prepare the recipe with tomato pesto and cheese to get the taste.
- 300g (3 cups) small pasta shapes such as spirals
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut in small florets
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 175g lean bacon, diced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup light evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup grated edam cheese
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Cook pasta following packet directions, adding broccoli in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
Step 2 Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, or until bacon is slightly crisp. Add mushrooms and capsicum. Cook for 3-4 more minutes, or until mushrooms are golden. Add pesto and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add evaporated milk. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 2 more minutes.
Step 3 Add drained pasta and broccoli to sauce and toss to combine. Transfer to a lightly-oiled 2L/8 cup-capacity ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve.