Corn cakes is healthy and low cost recipe to make your day tasty. They’re also delicious as a side dish.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup soda water or trim milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh or (thawed) frozen corn kernels
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
Step 1 To make cakes, measure flour into a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, soda water, chilli sauce, spices and salt, to season. Whisk together to make a smooth batter. Add corn and the remaining ingredients to batter.
Step 2 Preheat and lightly oil barbecue hotplate. Cook batches of cakes for 3-5 minutes each side until lightly browned on both sides and firm when pressed in the centre.
Step 3 Sit cooked cakes on several layers of paper towels and keep warm in oven until all the mixture is cooked. Serve immediately topped with prepared salsa or bowls of sweet chilli sauce for dipping.