- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon (7g) plain powdered gelatine
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) cream, double
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence glace cherries to decorate
Dissolve chocolate in hot milk inside a saucepan. Beat egg yolks and sugar slightly. Stir in cocoa powder and coffee powder.
Add the chocolate milk and mix well. Place the mixture in a saucepan and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Soak powdered gelatine in ½ cup of cold water and fold it into the mixture. Cool completely.
Fold in slightly whipped cream and vanilla essence. Spoon into individual serving bowls and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
To decorate pipe rosettes of whipped cream and top with chocolate curls or glace cherries.