The ‘Hunger Games’ actress has topped Forbes magazine’s annual list after generating an estimated $52 million in pre-tax earnings between June 2014-June 2015. As well as her roles in the ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘X-Men’ franchises, Jennifer also has a lucrative modelling contract with Dior, which helped boost her earnings.
Her staggering wage is far more than second-placed Scarlett Johansson, who earned $35 million, and ‘Bridesmaids’ actress Melissa McCarthy, who brought home $23 million, largely thanks to her new clothing line. This year marked the first time Forbes considered actresses from around the globe, ensuing a new entry in fourth place. Chinese actress Bingbing Fan – who can be seen alongside Jennifer in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ – earned $21 million, while Jennifer Aniston rounded out the top five with $16.5 million.
The ‘Cake’ actress earned just $500,000 more than the sixth-placed star, Julia Roberts. Actress-turned-director Angelina Jolie brought in $15 million, just ahead of eighth placed Reese Witherspoon. Anne Hathaway and Kristen Stewart completed the top placings on the list, tying for ninth spot with $12 million each.
Forbes’ World’s Highest-Paid Actresses 2015:
1. Jennifer Lawrence, $52 million
2. Scarlett Johansson, $35.5 million
3. Melissa McCarthy, $23 million
4. Bingbing Fan, $21 million
5. Jennifer Aniston, $16.5 million
6. Julia Roberts, $16 million
7. Angelina Jolie, $15 million
8. Reese Witherspoon, $15 million
9. Anne Hathaway, $12 million
10. Kristen Stewart, $12 million