Choosing the right lipstick color can be a daunting task, especially when you walk up the makeup aisle and see the horde of lip colors staring right at you. But you need not worry now as this guide will effectively help you to choose the right lip color for yourself. Go on, take a look!
1. Find out your skin’s undertone
Here’s a simple way to find that out. Stand in natural light or near a window and observe the color of your veins on your inner wrists. If they fall towards blue, you have cool undertones and if you see more of green, then you are warm. Now, here’s a guide for choosing the right lip color for all skin types –
– Fair skin; cool undertones: Nude, light mauve, light mocha
– Fair skin; warm undertones: Nude peach, shell, sand
– Medium skin; cool undertones: Pomegranate, rosy pink, cranberry
– Medium skin; warm undertones: Cinnamon, bronze, copper
– Olive skin; cool and warm undertones: Brick red, light brown, caramel, brown red, dark berry
– Dark skin; cool undertones: Wine, raisin, ruby red
– Dark skin; warm undertones: Coppery bronze, ginger, honey
2. Apply a shade that’s few shades darker than your lips
Another easy way to find out what color suits you best is to apply one that’s one or two shades darker than your natural lip color. To test shades, apply lipstick to one lip and compare it with the other. If it’s one or two shades deeper than your natural lip, it’s the right shade for you.
So, as you saw here, choosing a lip color is quite easy once you do some background research on your skin.