Chicken Laksa Recipe
A good, spicy, filling soup. This is the only soup I can make that my family will accept as a meal.
- 200g thin Thai-style rice noodles
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into strips
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 4 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- 375ml can coconut-flavored light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
1. Place noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Cook capsicum and chicken over medium-low heat for 4–5 minutes, until golden.
3. Transfer to a large saucepan, add paste and stock and bring to the boil. Add snow peas and corn and simmer for 2–3 minutes. Stir through evaporated milk.
4. Divide noodles between bowls. Top with soup and garnish with onion and coriander.