A mum has vowed to never eat at KFC again after she chomped down on what she claims was a “chicken brain” in her takeaway.
Rebecca McLoughlin, 23, got a shock when she tucked into her KFC bucket meal for a late lunch with her family on Tuesday, only to find she what she had bitten tasted off and looked a lot like a brain.
The chicken lover explained to MyLondon that she had been eating the meal for a good 20 minutes before making the gross discovery which made its way into the bucket from a branch in Harrow Wealdstone.
Rebecca said: “One of the pieces I bit into didn’t taste right then I started picking at it and discovered a brain-like piece in the chicken and straight away I panicked and was in pure disgust.”
She added: “My initial thought was don’t throw the piece away. Everyone stopped eating and went looking for the receipt.”
Rebecca, who lives in Harrow and was enjoying the meal with her three-year-old son, said she called customer support to report the issue and also warned other locals online about the “quality of chicken” at the Harrow Wealdstone branch.
She also added that she will not be eating at any KFC again, let alone the local branch.
Rebecca said she felt sick the following morning and since warning others about the chicken has received responses from others who have also had bad experiences at the Harrow Wealdstone KFC.
One Facebook user said: “Always feel unwell after eating at the Harrow Weald branch. I won’t be eating KFC anymore that’s for sure. It’s been a while anyway so I’m already not missing it.”
A KFC spokesperson said: “Hands up! This doesn’t look great, but it looks like a natural part of the chicken to us.
“This sometimes happens when dealing with fresh chicken – it’s harmless, but it goes without saying it’s not appealing and shouldn’t be there, so we’re reaching out to the customer to make things right.”