You might not want to be around any funny people or watch any comedies the day after this workout, because your abs are going to be burning.
- Start lying on your back with your arms reaching toward the ceiling.
- Exhale and roll up toward sitting while lifting your left leg up. Pause at the top and reach for your toes before rolling slowly back down to the mat. Then perform on the other side. This completes one rep.
- Complete as many as you can with good form for one minute.
Seated Russian Twist
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent, pull your abs to your spine, and lean back a few inches
- while lifting your feet off the floor. Be sure to keep your back straight.
Reach your arms out in front of you, and twist your torso to the right, then to the left, repeating for
- one minute. Lower your heels to the ground if you need to.
- Lie on your back with your knees open and the soles of your feet together (in a butterfly position).
- Lengthen your arms overhead so they are resting on the floor.
Exhale and bring your hands and knees toward each other, performing a full-body crunch. Your shoulder blades should be off the mat as you perform a small reverse crunch, lifting your pelvis a bit off the mat. Hold this position for a moment and really feel your abs squeezing
- Slowly lower your arms and feet back to starting position to complete one rep.
- Do as many crucnhes as you can in one minute.
- Begin in a side elbow plank with your left elbow down and your right hand behind your head.
- Keeping your torso stable and your waist lifted, bring your right leg up toward your shoulder to lightly tap your right elbow.
- Lengthen your right leg back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Do as many reps as you can in 30 seconds and then switch sides for another 30 seconds.
- Begin in an elbow plank position with the abs engaged.
- Draw the left knee into the chest. Then step the foot back to the elbow plank position. Now draw the right knee into the chest and then step it back to the elbow plank position.
- This counts as one rep.
- Continue alternating sides and complete as many reps as you can in a minute.