Zucchini and haloumi fritters are filled with creamy crunchy flavor and are made with Zucchini. The recipe is too simple but offers great meal.
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup (90g) light haloumi cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
Step 1 Squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini. Combine with haloumi, marjoram, breadcrumbs, eggs and half the onion.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Over medium-high heat, cook heaped tablespoons of batter for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden. Repeat to make a total of 16 fritters.
Step 3 Combine tomato, mint and remaining onion in a bowl. Serve with fritters, yoghurt and toast.