Enjoy the fat free treat to fill your appetite with this Tuna Pita Sandwich recipe. It is packed with loads of vitamins and nutrition for all health conscious people.
- 8 fresh or dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 1/2 cup packed shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 3 Tbs. fat-free mayo dressing or salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard
- 6 ounces plain all white tuna packed in water
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets cut in half
In a small bowl cover tomatoes with boiling water, let stand about 10 min or until softened.
Drain tomatoes and cut into small strips, toss tomato strips with shredded cabbage and carrot mixture.
Combine mayo fat-free dressing or fat-free salad dressing, horseradish mustard.
Add to cabbage – tomato mixture toss to coat
To fix sandwiches divide tuna and cabbage mixture and spread onto toasted pita bread and cut into halves.
And, to mix things up a little, why not try toasting the sandwich!