- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a 3 quart casserole dish or a 9×13 inch baking dish. Combine the salsa, red bell pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Pour the
- black beans on top and cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve with rice if desired.