- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine the boiling water and potato flakes; mix well. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the sugar, salt, 1 egg and oil until blended.
- Stir cottage cheese into the potatoes; add to yeast mixture and mix well. Beat in 3 cups flour until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.