This healthy combo of vegetables and meat spiced with some pepper, fish sauce and lemon juice is of great value for diet conscious people. Try this nutritious mixed meat spicy salad recipe given here.
- 250g lean pork, thinly sliced
- oil spray
- 150g squid, cut in pieces
- 6 prawns (100g), shells removed but tails intact
- 2 sticks lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Spicy dressing
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves with sliced Chinese or red cabbage and sliced carrot and cucumber
Step 1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray and pan-fry pork for a few minutes either side. Set aside. Plunge squid and prawns in separate bowls of boiling water for a few minutes. Remove. Set aside.
Step 2 In a large bowl combine pork and seafood. Add lemongrass, onions and chilli. Toss to coat meat.
Step 3 To make Spicy dressing, mix fish sauce, lime juice and sugar together. Add to salad leaves.
Step 4 To assemble, lay salad leaves on a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh mint. Add meat and seafood. Serve immediately.