- 2 kg pineapple peeled cut crosswise into 1¼-cm-thick slices core removed (2 pineapples)
- Olive oil
- 200g mascarpone cheese room temperature
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 150 ml chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 90 ml double cream
- 25g chopped toasted hazelnuts
1) Prepare the outdoor griddle to medium-high heat. If you do not have one you can use an indoor griddle pan set to medium high heat. Lightly oil the griddle. Griddle the pineapple slices until heated through and beginning to brown about 3 minutes per side. It’s important to leave the pineapples untouched so that you can create marks.
2) While the pineapples are cooking whisk the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.
3) Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place in a microwave on high for about 2 minutes stirring every 20 seconds to blend well. Alternatively you can combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small saucepan set over low heat and cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly. Heat until satiny smooth and easy to pour about 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the warm chocolate-hazelnut sauce. Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.