This pasta recipe made with Chicken breast and artichoke hearts is a yummylicious combo, which tastes even good when seasoned with some spices.
- 300g wholemeal spiral pasta
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 1cm strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium eggplant (about 175g), sliced into matchsticks
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 400g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, quartered
- 200g fresh low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- large green salad, to serve
Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and return to saucepan, keeping warm.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place chicken into a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons oil. Place a large frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 5–6 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
Step 3 In a large bowl, toss eggplant with remaining oil. Add to frying pan with 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 5 minutes over high heat, until cooked and golden. Add spinach and artichokes. Cook for 1–2 minutes, until spinach wilts and artichokes are heated through. Add ricotta and chives; stir to combine.
Step 4 Add artichoke mixture and chicken to pasta and stir well. Scatter with tomatoes and serve with a green salad.