It is believed that the thong first appeared in the 1939 World’s Fair, when New York Mayor, Fiorello LaGuardia, ordered the city’s nude dancers to cover their secret body parts by a small piece of cloth. It resulted in the invention of thong. However, the official launch of first thong bikini was done by the fashion designer, Rudi Gernreich in 1974.
The Brazilian thongs, originally called “Brazilian Tangas”, first became popular as a swimwear in South America and hit the beaches of Brazil in 1970’s.Ever since, it has become one of the fastest selling styles for women. These tiny thongs are known as “fio dental” (dental floss) in their native country because of their small nature. Most commonly, a Brazilian thong is known to offer slightly more coverage than its smaller counterparts, such as the micro or G-string thong, but it covers a bit less than Brazilian bikinis.
Brazilian Thong Styles and Trends for 2013
There are many variations of styles for the Brazilian thong that range from a bit wider coverage on the backand a string rearat the sides. These thongs are available in a wide variety of materials, including silk, cotton, microfiber, satin, nylon, and lycra/spandex.
The three most popular thong bikini designs are:
1. A printed Brazilian thong featuring vibrant colors and loud patterns.
2. A solid Brazilian thong that has one compact color, be it dark, light, plain, or neon bright which allows it to blend easily with louder fashion accessories.
3. An authentic Brazilian thong string bikini which has smaller revealing than traditional thongs. It gets its name from the string characteristics of its design. Rather than featuring a full single piece bottom, the string bikini consists of two triangular shaped pieces connected at the groin but not at the sides.
The upcoming summer trends of 2013 Brazilian thongs has a more sophisticated feel with slightly wider cut in the back and modest colors. The sides have a simple string fashion, with a little flair thrown in by using a detailed trim piece. The bottom is a usually kept simple by a fabric with soft shape. These new trendy and stylish Brazilian thongs will enhance your curves, drawing attention to your hips and backside.The colors are mostly radiant in summers, representing healthy, joyful and happy mood that makes you look super sexy and eye catching. Brazilian thong bikinis make women stand out all on their own.
At Brazilian Samba carnival’s, a popular style of Brazilian thong that is seen, is one in which there is a narrow band of fabric in the rear that only covers the cleft on the backside. Since the history of the Brazilian thong, many people over the years have helped advance its cultural and social acceptance.These desirable thongs can be worn in a number of different styles, just by changing the color or pattern. The look ranges from sophisticated and luxurious in sleek black, to whimsical and fun in a more brilliant colored Brazilian thong.
The comfort level of a Brazilian thong is determined by the type of fabric it is made. Cotton is always a great choice because it breathes, absorbs and is soft. However, 100% cotton will eventually stretch out-of-shape. A little stretch is always good, and that’s what a Brazilian thong provides. The more your thong stretches, the more comfortable you will feel.Any embellishments on a thong will be visible if worn under tight fitting clothing. If you select lace, make sure it is flat and stretches. Brazilian thong fabric made of silk has the same properties as cotton, but is thinner and feels sexier.For total elimination of panty lines, select a thong with die-cut edges.
Most of the traditional Brazilian thongs have special meanings for women.
- A black Brazilian thong is always the sexiest, with or without lace detailing.
- A white Brazilian thong is traditionally worn by brides.
- The most popular color among teenagers is a pink Brazilian thong. This is probably because a pink thong says you’re a girlie girl.
- Around Valentine’s Day, women choose to wear red Brazilian thongs. Wearing a red thong means sending your loved ones a very sexy message.
Regardless of whether you’re looking for a vibrant, playful color, or a darker, more seductive hue, you are sure to find the perfect Brazilian thong out there just waiting for you.