So just who is the lovely lady pregnant with the X Factor judge’s first child? Her name is Lauren Silverman, and she’s been pals with Simon for a while now… But that’s just the beginning.
Here are five things you need to know about the baby mama-to-be!
1. She’s a New York City Socialite: Think Serena van der Woodsen but all grown up. Lauren, 36, is a regular at Gotham City’s hottest and chicest parties, benefits and social gatherings. You need look no further than Patrick McMullan’s site to see that this lady is one of Manhattan’s elite.
2. She’s Technically Still Married: Lauren and husband Andrew Silverman’s “divorce has been in the works for a while now,” a source tells Us Weekly. Andrew, a real estate mogul in NYC, is a friend of Simon’s. But during what a source tells E! News has been “a messy split,” Simon “became a shoulder to cry on for her.”
3. She’s Got a Famous BFF! The mom-to-be is a close pal of designer Rachel Roy. The twosome vacation together, attend many of the same parties, and, as shown in one adorable Instagram of Lauren and a boy who appears to be a family friend, celebrate Hanukkah together, too!
4. Simon Really Likes Her: A source tells E! News Simon was initially friends with Lauren and her husband, but the nature of their relationship changed about six months ago. That was when Simon and Lauren began seeing each other, says a source, given that “things developed between them.” Lauren “has been special” to Simon, adds a source, and is “very fond” of his future parenting partner.
5. She’s Not After That X Factor Cash: While it’s rude to insinuate that anyone is a gold digger, so to speak, we can definitely rule out the notion that Lauren is after Simon for his money. Her husband is also very wealthy, a source confirms, adding that what draws Lauren to Simon is the “amazing chemistry” between them.