Stress can cause many problems from which the human body does not function properly. The first sign of stress appears on skin and can cause problems. The level of body’s stress hormone known as the Cortisol hormone rises when a person becomes stressed. This rise in the level of hormone cause the increase of oil production and this increased oil production results in oily skin, acne, skin rashes and other skin related problems.
Other than Cortisol, other stress hormones such as adrenaline and DHEA may also show their side effects causing inflammation, redness or scaly skin. As the conditions of mind and body are reflected on one’s skin, one has to start dealing with stress by following some tips to de-stress and relax their skin because dealing with stress is important s any other task we perform in order to stay healthy.
Tips to De-stress and Relaxing the Skin:
Dealing with stress may be hard for some people but the tips to de-stress are pretty much easy. It depends how you keep your mind, skin and body relaxed while dealing with stress. Let us have a look at some tips to de-stress ourselves which will come in real handy when we are dealing with stress.
1. Exercise is the best way for dealing with stress. Light and moderate daily exercise will not only relax you but it will also improve the flow of blood in your body including normalizing the rate of sugar and hormones present in your blood. Exercise will also build up your body and tone your muscles and bringing them back to shape. So the tips to de-stress recommend that do moderate exercise in any way possible, a walk around the park, gym or yoga, just do it but don’t overdo it.
2. To relax your skin while dealing with stress you make sure that you keep drinking plenty of water and hydrate your body and skin and you already know that the key for having a healthy skin is to keep it well hydrated.
3. Dealing with stress also means that you have to keep your diet healthy and clean and avoid any kind of junk food or food with too much oil or fat etc. A healthy diet will be helpful for your body and support it to function well while you are dealing with stress.
4. When a person becomes stressed, he or she starts neglecting their skin care routine which causes even more trouble to the skin. Tips for de-stress strongly recommends that one should never neglect their skin care routine because neglecting them may cause your skin problems to increase.
5. Getting a proper sleep is another way for dealing with stress. Stress may sometimes cause one to sleep less which causes major effects on the skin including wrinkles and dark circles. So make sure you sleep well. Another thing which you should keep in mind when you are dealing with stress that before going to sleep wash your face properly so all the makeup including the dirt and dust from the entire day gets washed away.
6. Breathing exercises are also used in dealing with stress. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth will help you feel better because 70% of our body toxins are released from our body through breathing. And when are stressed we don’t breath properly. Our breathing becomes more rapid and shallow. So when dealing with stress all you need to do is close your eyes calm your mind and take deep breaths.
7. Another way for dealing with stress is to get a nice massage and a facial in order to relax your skin. Take some time out for yourself and treat yourself for a spa day. If your budget doesn’t agree with you for a spa day then there are lots of other ways to give yourself a spa treatment at home.
These were some of the tips to de-stress yourself when you are dealing with stress. Last thing which I want to mention here is that try to avoid all those artificial products to relax your skin. They may be effective but they also come with side effects. It would be best to stick to the natural ways of De-stressing yourself when you dealing with stress.