Barbados is a living Caribbean postcard of picturesque hills and valleys, beautiful white sand beaches, and the warm turquoise Caribbean Sea. Barbados vacation has got a rare mix of interesting culture, great food, diverse activities and everything a couple needs for total relaxation.
The sun is warm, travel is hassle-free, and romantic hotels in Barbados and resorts have top-notch amenities and service.
Most romantic beaches on Barbados
You’ll find some of the most romantic spots during your Barbados vacation along its wonderful picture-perfect coastline. There are lots of romantic beaches and coves.
Here are some highlights:
Best Secluded Beach on Barbados – it just might be Bottom Bay Beach on the southeast coast, a fine place for a beach picnic or long walk in the sand.
Barbados Beaches on the East Coast – this is the Atlantic side, so expect higher waves great for surfing. Better for sightseeing than swimming. The coastline here is very pretty. On the southeast coast, Crane Beach is rated as one of the top beaches in the Caribbean.
Pink sand, calm waters and fantastic sunsets add to the romance (for an engagement this would be a great place to propose in Barbados!).
Beaches on the West Coast of Barbados – quiet waters and fine white sand. Perfect place for swimming, renting a “raft for 2”, or maybe spotting a celeb (some stars holiday on this part of Barbados). Mullins Beach and Paynes Beach are both good.
The west and south coasts are where you’ll find many of the best oceanfront hotels and resorts in Barbados.
Barbados vacation resorts
Some of the most romantic Barbados vacation resorts for couples would include:
The Crane Resort And Residence – an historic hotel with gorgeous rooms and a spectacular setting on a bluff 60 ft above one of the most dazzling strips of pink sand anywhere. The views, dining, sunsets and private plunge pools are unbelievable.
For sheer opulence, it’s hard to top the Sandy Lane Hotel , one of the finest luxury spa resorts in Barbados, with a fully-equipped heath spa, white sand beach, fine dining, shopping, recreation and luxury amenities galore.
Barbados Honeymoon Resorts – The South Beach Resort is a small honeymoon resort on Barbados’ south coast with an excellent romantic package. Accommodations are in a special penthouse honeymoon suite with in-room hot tub and ocean views. Extras include spa treatments, a catamaran cruise, champagne and cocktails poolside.
Cheaper but Still Romantic Barbados Hotel – very popular with couples is the Little Arches Hotel with its quiet setting, super friendly staff, and a private whirlpool tub for honeymooners. It’s just a short walk to a white sand beach with calm waters.
For an even more affordable and romantic Barbados vacation, consider:
Here’s just a sample of romantic things for couples to do in Barbados.
- Atlantis Submarine Expedition – a full-scale submarine ride under the Caribbean to explore ancient shipwrecks and colorful coral reef.
- St. Lawrence Gap – an exciting place to stroll through, especially in the evening when the restaurants, open-air nightclubs and discos come alive.
- Rum Tour – The Mount Gay Barbados Rum Tour is great fun, with free tastings and optional luncheon tours with Bajan cuisine.
- Andromeda Gardens – 6 acres of lush, well preserved Barbados fauna such as palms, ferns, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Keep exploring and you’ll also discover tropical pools and a waterfall!
- Harrison’s Cave – take the tram ride deep into this limestone cave for it’s unique subterranean rock formations, waterfall and streams.
- Bajan Roots and Rhythms Show – If it’s musical, and its Caribbean, you’ll find it here at the Plantation Theater. Experience reggae and calypso music, dancing, island costumes, fire eating and the limbo.
- Dinner Cruise – No romantic Barbados vacation should be without a sunset cruise on the Caribbean.
Best Time To Travel To Barbados
The Best time to travel and visit Barbados would be from March to June (travelling in low or shoulder seasons, and shopping for air & hotel vacation packages in Barbados are the keys to an affordable and romantic Barbados vacation). Hurricane season runs from Aug through November.