- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
Step 1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Meanwhile, to make the caramelised onions, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until starting to brown Add sugar and vinegar, reduce heat and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Step 2 Combine caramelised onion, flour, feta, spinach, tomatoes and cheese in a bowl.
Step 3 In a separate bowl, combine garlic, basil, mixed herbs, oil, eggs and milk.
Step 4 Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
Step 5 Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.