- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 Tbsp. agar flakes
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cover a rounded-bottomed glass or plastic bowl with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine water and agar flakes in a pan and allow it to boil.
- Simmer over a slow fire and mix for about 5 minutes in order to obtain a homogenous mixture. Put the dissolved agar and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until liquefied.
- Transfer the resulted mixture to the cooking-spray coated glass bowl, and keep it uncovered in the refrigerator for as much as 5 days.
- You can use vegan cheese to make grilled cheese sandwiches or vegan pizza.
- Fresh ground pepper can be added, optionally.
- Alternatively, you can use Sheese, soy cheese or even nut-based cheeses when following a dairy free diet.