For pasta eaters, here comes the mouthwatering lamb ragoût with tagliatelle recipe. Cook the lamb slowly to get best taste in your lamb ragout.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large parsnip, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g lean lamb, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 500g packet tagliatelle (flat ribbon pasta)
- 1/4 cup finely shaved parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, to garnish
Step 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, parsnip and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Step 2 Add tomatoes, stock and water to saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer partially covered for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Step 3 When ragout is almost cooked, cook pasta following packet directions. Mix half the ragoût through the pasta then spoon into bowls. Top bowls with remaining ragoût. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve garnished with parsley.