The dry and cold weather of winter easily creates havoc to your hair. Your hair becomes easily dry, damage and frizzy in winter weather so extra attention towards hair care is essential.
Winter is the seasons when our body, skin and hair need extra attention majority of us ignore our hair care in winter weather. The softness and moisturizing ingredient s of our hair get vanished and it results in dryness, roughness and sometime itchiness.
In winter season, the natural ingredients of moisture of our hair also lose and it creates a havoc on our hair. During the cold and snowy winter weather, many people have dry, dull or brittle hair. The cool and dry breeze of winter damage the natural beauty of hair. Hair becomes dry and frizzy during this time of year. In this regard, special care and preventive steps need to be taken in winter to ensure that your hair does not get damage or dry.
Here are some simple but essential hair care tips on how to take proper care of your hair in cool and dry winter weather.
Winter Hair Care Tips:
- Do not over shampoo your hair. In cold winter weather, the hair and scalp both already have dryness so the over use of shampoo makes your hair and scalp drier and it will results in itchiness and sometime patchy dandruff also.
- Always wear scarf, veil, hat or a cap while going outside to protect your hair from the cold and wind. Your scarf or hat is not so tight that it will restrict circulation in your scalp.
- Use dozens and dozens of moisturizer. Lock your hair with extra moisture as your hair’s natural moisture vanishes in winter so need extra moisturizing. You can also go to a salon for a professional deep-conditioning treatment. This is a great way to keep your hair healthy and shine in the winter weather.
- Avoid straightening, ironing, perming and blow drying. During the cold winter weather, damage from these practices can be worse than usual, If necessary, the coat your hair with a leave -in oil such as Camellia oil.
- Frizzing is another big problem in winter. Frizzy hair is one of the worse things due to winter’s dryness. Stop this problem before it begins by using anti frizzing products.
- Deep conditioned your hair on daily basis in winter. Your dry hair needs extra conditioning in winter weather. Using a leave-in conditioner is also a good way of protecting your hair.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water. Always use Luke warm or cool water. The heat of hot water can damage the texture and shine of your hair.
- Do not comb wet hair especially in winter as it will cause entangling and breakage of hair.
- Hot oil massage for your hair health is very essential in winter. It will also give natural moisture and shine to your hair.
- Combat static hair problem by using static free hair brushes. In winter, your hair becomes more static than ever.
- Include lots and lots of water in your daily routine to combat the effects of dryness.
- Use the right type of products, not only in winter but in every season. The use of right typed and suitable products for your hair will make a big difference in the overall health of your hair. You can also consult to a hair specialist in this regard.
Follow these simple winter hair care tips for a smooth, shinny and healthy hair during the harsh, rough and dry winter weather.