When it comes to recycling old times, it looks like there are many on the list. But the ones that each one of you already have at home and have even re purposed it somehow are the mason jars. Yes Top Dreamers, mason jars can be re purposed in many different ways. You can use them as storage for versatile items, including beauty tools, kitchen utensils, crafting tools etc. Or you can even use them as planters. So, today, we would like to give you several tips of how to make some mason jar planters in no time.
Mason Jars are Great for Growing Herb Garden.
- First, you should start with clean mason jars.
- Place small rocks in the bottom of the jar for drainage.
- Then, you can add about 1/2 inch layer of activated charcoal, to prevent mold from contaminating your garden.
- After that, add rich organic soil. Leave about an inch from the soil line to the top of the jar and don’t pack the soil.
- And of course, add your herbs, whether seeds or starter plants.
- Water the herbs lightly and place them somewhere to get the needed amount of light.
Besides herbs, mason jars can be also used as planters for succulents. Succulents can look great even in the simplest planters, because they have quite eye-catching texture. Or if you wish to make the mason jar planters more amazing, you can choose to paint them in some shade.
And besides making some plain mason jar planters, you can also try to make some hanging ones. Hanging planters are quite space-saving, so they are great addition for small kitchens. Also, they can serve as great decorations for some plain walls. Use a pallet or some kind of wood board and some metal rings to hold the jars. Or you can also use some rope or a string and hang these planters somewhere on your balcony or patio.
So, what do you think about the above mason jar planters? Tell us in the comments and also let us know if you would try to make some