A new concept in luxury living involves setting up of fish aquariums in the drawing rooms, living rooms lounge and even in the bedrooms. People can make their living more attractive through these aquariums. Colorful aquariums with beautiful fish and different types of small sea animals like green turtles, and jellyfish make your home more stylish. In living styles the addition of beautiful luxury fish aquariums can give a relaxing and luxurious touch to the living.
To make your luxury living more luxurious, there are many reasons for keeping aquariums.
- As educational tools, they provide a first-hand look at nature. You can taught the kids much about fish and their behavior by studying them informally in an aquarium, and your kids can develop a new respect for their value and beauty.
- Watching fish is very relaxing. Studies show that the sight of fish swimming quietly in their aquatic home lowers respiration and pulse rates, reduces tension, and provides relief from the stresses of our busy lives.
- Fish make ideal pets. They are quiet, they don’t need to be let outside or taken for walks, they will not damage walls or furniture, and they can be left for a week or two without problem when you go on vacation.
Some important tips to keep and maintain luxury fish aquariums in luxury living.
- Decide on an aquarium size
What types of fish you want to keep, so finalize the size of your aquarium, some fish need more space then others.
- Decide on the aquarium’s location
Place your freshwater aquarium setup in an area where the light and temperature of the tank won’t be affected by external sources such as windows and heater vents.
- Set up your aquarium and stand
Wash out your tank with water only! Do not use soap or detergents. Soap residue left behind will be harmful for your tropical fish.
- Wash Gravel, plants and decorations
Be sure to wash the gravel thoroughly before adding it to your tank. An easy way to do this is to put some of the rocks in a pasta strainer and wash them out in your bath tub. Then place the clean gravel, plants and decorations.
- Add water to the aquarium
To avoid messing up your gravel and plants, you can place a plate or saucer in the middle of your aquarium and direct the water flow onto the plate. Use room temperature water when filling.
- Set up equipment for luxury fish aquariums
Install your heater but don’t plug it in until the thermostat in the heater has adjusted to the water temperature. This usually takes about 15 minutes or so.
- Add tropical fish in fish aquarium
Add only one or two fish at once to make them familiar with the aquarium environment.
- Realize the responsibility involved to maintain luxury fish aquariums
Learning how to set up a fish tank is not all that difficult, but it is a time consuming activity. Most of the times you will be performing water changes. You will also have to feed your fish at least once a day.