Add some color and fun to Valentine’s Day games. This activity can also carried out in schools and at home.
Things you need:
- 1 brown paper grocery bag
- Tissue paper in red and pink
- 24″ string or yarn
- Hole punch
- Newspaper or other lightweight filler
- Small trinkets and candies
- White craft glue
1. Put treats and trinkets inside a grocery bag. Fill about ¼ full.
2. Fill remaining space with crumpled up newspaper. Leave a small amount of space at the top of the bag so it can be folded over and closed.
3. Fold top over and secure with staples.
4. Poke or punch a hole in the middle of the bag in the fold. Be sure it’s low enough that the hole won’t rip.
5. Cut long strips of tissue paper about 3″ wide and as long as the tissue paper sheet is. Fringe the ends of the tissue paper by cutting slits about halfway up.
6. Starting at the bottom of the bag, glue the tissue paper onto the bag by the solid edge only, do not glue the fringe down. Repeat on other side of bag with same color.
7. Repeat these steps, working your way upward toward the top of the bag, alternating colors each time. We used light pink, pink and red for ours.
8. Thread string or yarn through hole at the top and tie a knot.
9. Gently lay the bag on its side.
10. Cut strips of tissue paper about 1″ wide. Fold in half, then glue to the bottom of the bag at the half-way point.
11. Set aside to dry completely.
12. Hang by your string and hit with a waffle bat or rolled up newspaper until it breaks.