- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over a medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potato cubes and yellow pepper until onion has softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, cumin and chili powder.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in beans and sliced zucchini. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or with some crusty whole grain bread for a filling supper.