This easy and chicken legs recipe makes one of our favorite chicken dinners. It looks after itself as it cooks, and tastes wonderful.
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 (150g total) skinless chicken ‘lovely legs’
- 1/2 x 250g packet microwaveable brown rice
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve a small amount of marinade to serve with rice, if desired. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes. Transfer to baking tray and cook for 25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam bok choy for 2–3 minutes. Drain. Cook rice according to packet instructions. Serve chicken with rice and bok choy.