Steak Diane and Vegies
Try this delicious and creamy Steak Diane and veggies recipe for a perfect dine. Get some veggies and cook this mouth watering Steak Diane.
- 10 small chat potatoes (500g), quartered
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 140g beef fillet steaks
- 2 teaspoons table spread
- 2 small eschalots (French shallots), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g mushroom cups, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup light cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes onto a baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add steaks. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 3 Reheat same pan over medium heat. Cook table spread until foaming. Add eschalots, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Step 4 Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cream. Bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Season with pepper. Stir in parsley (if using). Serve steaks with sauce, potato and steamed vegetables.