Spicy Meatballs with Roasted Tomatoes and Tzatziki
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons red harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, grated, excess water removed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 4 mini wholemeal pita breads
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. To make meatballs, in a medium-sized bowl mix all meatball ingredients (except cherry tomatoes and oil). By rolling mixture in the palm of your hand, shape into small teaspoon-sized meatballs.
Step 2 Place in an ovenproof baking dish, scatter with cherry tomatoes and spray with a little oil.
Step 3 Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until brown on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
Step 4 To make tzatziki, place listed ingredients in a small bowl and combine. To serve toast pita pockets and stuff with meatballs, roasted tomatoes, salad greens and a dollop of tzatziki.