Try this creamy mouthwatering pasta alfredo recipe for your friends. Get little alfredo pasta, some milk and cream and follow the recipe given here.
- 300g fresh pasta
- olive oil spray
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 200g lean ham, chopped
- 400g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and stir.
Step 3 In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with cornflour. Add the remaining milk to mushroom mixture and heat through. Add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens. Add sour cream, ham and corn and cook for 1 minute or until hot.
Step 4 Stir mushroom mixture through pasta and add parmesan and parsley.